Brandy Station Foundation

Brandy Station Foundation

0.00
Preserving the natural and historic resources of the Brandy Station area
Quantity:
Add To Cart

Brandy Station Foundation


April 1863. The Chancellorsville Campaign. Admist a rain and hail storm, resistance from Confederate cavalrymen in Fitzhugh Lee’s brigade forced the Federal cavalry to withdraw. One of Lee’s men scrawled a brief account of the action on the wall of a house by stating the “Yanks caught hell.”

About one hundred and forty years later, the Brandy Station Foundation began its restoration of the building, later named “The Graffiti House.” The Foundation was also instrumental in the preservation of many tracts of land related to the Battle of Brandy Station and the Battle at Kelly’s Ford. Help the Brandy Station Foundation ensure the history and heritage of the area is not “paved over” in the rush to progress and development.

Brandy Station Foundation.jpg

19484 Brandy Road

Brandy Station, VA 22714