1776 Little Fork Preservation Foundation Inc.

1776 Little Fork Preservation Foundation Inc.

0.00
Maintains and preserves the only Colonial Church in Culpeper County
Quantity:
Add To Cart

1776 Little Fork Preservation Foundation

As the only colonial church in Culpeper County and a regional and national landmark, this treasured building must never be neglected. The cost of maintaining this historic building, in its original condition is beyond the means of its small congregation. Looking forward to the next two hundred years, the Little Fork Church Preservation Committee has established a fund to be used solely for the perpetual maintenance of the Church and grounds.


Ten miles north of Culpeper, Virginia lies a small brick building. The building’s unassuming facade belies its rich historical value. In 1730, St. Mark’s parish erected a wooden church between the Rappahannock and Hazel rivers. Unfortunately, in 1773 a fire destroyed the building, which was rebuilt by 1776.

Members of the church were among the Culpeper Minute Men. Later, the church was used to house Union soldiers, who destroyed much of the interior furniture for firewood. Restoration began later, with James Rawlings in 1963, and finished in 1979.

LittleForkSquare.jpg

Little Fork is currently an active place of worship and provides adult and youth Christian education throughout the year. Unfortunately, the cost of maintaining this historic building, a regional and national landmark, in its original condition is beyond the means of its small congregation. Help ensure that the building must never be neglected again.

16461 Oak Shade Road
PO Box 367
Rixeyville , Va. 2273